Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Uninstall SSRS if you are not using it.

I came across a good article over at SQL Server Central. I highly recommend signing up on their site if you haven't done so already. I am always finding good info over there...

Anyway, the article points out that you should really uninstall SSRS if you are not using it. Simply stopping and disabling the service does not fully prevent SSRS from attempting to validate it's encryption keys. I am not certain what problems this would cause other than filling up your event logs and needlessly utilizing you server's CPU cycles, but it is disconcerting that a service you assume is inactive in actuality still has live hooks into your server.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Bullington said...

Good post...on a dev box, I generally install SQL engine and workstation components only, which makes a big impact on resource usage.

May 27, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home