Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Okay lets get started....

Well its about time I stared writing some of this stuff down...

I finally decided to start blogging about some of the cool and interesting things I have been up to in the past couple of years. For some background, I have been working in IT since 1994. I started out my career as a COBOL programmer using IMS and DB2. Around 1999 I transitioned into Network Administration (Windows NT, Novel, etc.) Finally I decided to get back into development. My heart wasn't in network administration. I always felt it was more fun to break things than to stop others from breaking things, so I worked my way back into application development. HTML, classic ASP, VBScript, etc. I have been doing .NET development for quite awhile now, however within the last 2-3 years I think things have been moving exponentially faster. Not only has there been seemingly exponential growth in the industry due to improvements in tool and technology, I believe I am hitting my personal stride in regards to software development. Coding has actually become fun again. Not that I didn't always enjoy writing code. I fondly remember sitting in front of an Apple IIe trying to create the next great game using BASIC. Today however I believe I am at a point where I can clearly see through the proverbial trees and I am getting a true look at the forest. Software development patterns emerge and system designs seem more intuitive. I don't profess to be an expert in anything, but I would like to think I could take a stab at most development challenges.

So, what will I be blogging about? Who knows? I will most likely try and post things that I find cool, interesting or innovative. Hang on...lets see where this goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home